Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/14 15:34:28 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1300553 - in /incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/wireframes: quick_create.png src/quick_create.bmml

Hi !

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:18 AM,  <jd...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: jdreimann
> Date: Wed Mar 14 14:17:59 2012
> New Revision: 1300553

> Log:
> Initial upload
>
> Added:
>    incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/wireframes/quick_create.png   (with props)

/me looking forward for instructions explaining how these will work now .

Thanks in advance !

Olemis.

Re: svn commit: r1300553 - in /incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/wireframes: quick_create.png src/quick_create.bmml

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Joe Dreimann
<jo...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 14 Mar 2012, at 17:11, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Joachim Dreimann
>> <jo...@wandisco.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> We should be able to do all these options out of the box with very
>>> little manual javascript/html/css.
>>>

>> understood , unless otherwise stated I'll have to look for another js
>> lib due to the fact that I didn't find anything similar for bootstrap
>> .
>> :-/
>
> I'm under the impression that Popovers fulfil this function. http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/javascript.html#popovers

I have already implemented that part using drop down menu . For some
bizarre reason popovers don't work for me .

[...]
> Switching the optional setting links to textbox with typeahead is the manual bit of code.
>
> What exactly is it that you can't do with Bootstrap alone?

Exactly that part ... «Switching the optional setting links to
textbox» . I was wondering whether there was something to do that
tightly coupled to boootstrap or alternately , if I could use
jEditable [1]_ (or equivalent) . The later may be used in many other
parts of the UI , so incorporating it may be a good decision in the
long term ;)

.. [1] Jeditable – Edit In Place Plugin For jQuery
        (http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/jeditable)

Olemis.

Re: svn commit: r1300553 - in /incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/wireframes: quick_create.png src/quick_create.bmml

Posted by Joe Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
On 14 Mar 2012, at 17:11, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Joachim Dreimann
> <jo...@wandisco.com> wrote:
>>
>> We should be able to do all these options out of the box with very
>> little manual javascript/html/css.
>>

> understood , unless otherwise stated I'll have to look for another js
> lib due to the fact that I didn't find anything similar for bootstrap
> .
> :-/

I'm under the impression that Popovers fulfil this function. http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/javascript.html#popovers

On mobile devices they open on click by default, which is the behaviour we'd want on all devices in this application.

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
We should be able to do all these options out of the box with very
little manual javascript/html/css.

I've started to write up the functionality in the Wiki, but please
note that I wasn't able to finish it yet today. Tomorrow :)
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Ui/QuickCreate

- Joe

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.