Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Hugo Trippaers <tr...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/20 13:33:47 UTC

Feature Freeze 4.4

/*
 Sorry guys, just noticed that this email got stuck in my out folder and was never actually sent.
 Resending as the dates are still relevant.

*/

Hey all,

As previously announced the tree leading up to the 4.4 release is now considered in feature freeze.

To reflect this i’ve created a separate branch called ‘4.4’ with version 4.4.0-SNAPSHOT, the master branch is changed to use the version number for the next iteration, 4.5.0-SNAPSHOT.

The Jenkins jobs for the 4.4 version are at http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/

For reference the important dates in the 4.4 release cycle are:

Feature Freeze: 			March 14, 2014
Testing/Bug Fixes: 			March 15, 2014 till April 18, 2014  (direct access for committers)
Stability Fixes only:			April 19, 2014 till release (cherry picks by RM only)
First RC: 					May 9, 2014
Optimistic Release Date: 	May 19, 2014

(Please keep in mind those dates reflect the locality of the release manager, me, so expect all changes to occur during business hours in the CET timezone.)

Release Manager: Hugo <hu...@apache.org>
Backup Release Manager: Daan <da...@gmail.com>

Cheers,

Hugo