Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Lee Peterson <Le...@sas.com> on 2004/03/18 21:46:17 UTC

Placing __property() in a Filename field doesn't work

Hi all.

I hoped to parameterize the location of output files from my Test
Plan(s).  I'm using non-GUI invocation.  On a command line, I pass in a
parameter to the JRE :

  -JoutputDir=MYOUTPUTDIR

and in an Assertion Results Listener 'Filename' field I have, e.g. :

  ${__property(outputDir)}\AssertionListenerFileName.jtl

Should this work?  The documentation says the property() function
provides :

  "values that can populate fields of any Sampler or other configuration
  element in a test tree".

and I'm using it successfully in several other areas of the test plan.

When I provide a non-variable file locus in the Filename field, a file
is written as expected.  I have JMeter configured to output XML rather
than the default CSV, if that makes any difference.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Lee Peterson
SAS Institute, Inc.