Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Tim Mackey <tm...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/23 23:50:03 UTC

Hypervisor version and XenServer

I'm running through some bugs with my Xen->XenServer work and just ran
across the HYPERVISOR_VERSION being the Xen version and not the XenServer
version.  Does anyone know why that is?  Given that feature/function in
XenServer is tied to the XenServer version, I see using the Xen version as
a bug waiting to bite us.  Since I don't want to break API compatability,
I'm not inclined to change it for this work, but do wonder if we shouldn't
change it when the API revs next.

Thoughts?

-tim

Re: Hypervisor version and XenServer

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com>.
I can talk for GuestOSMapping response - HYPERVISOR_VERSION mimics the
behavior in HypervisorCapabilities.

Thanks,
Amogh

Posted by Tim Mackey <tm...@gmail.com>.