Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 13:49:08 UTC

Default Component created for the deployed composite

Hi,

I have been figuring out a way of implementing the overriding of
properties.  Right now in the 'wire' phase for each component definition if
we find there are properties defined in the underlying componentType
(implementatoin) and are not defined in the component definition, then we
define them in the component definition.  This makes makes it convenient in
the build phases where we get all properties at the comp. defn. level itself
and need not dig into the componentType and do all sorts of comparisons.

Now, I see that in DeployerImpl.deploy we create a 'Default Component Defn.
that uses the deployed composite for implementation'.  This component defn.
does not copy over the deployed composite's properties.  This creates
problems in the CompositeBuilder which really is not supposed to know if the
composite being built is the default one or not.  I am going to add a
'createDefaultComponentDef' or something of that sort of method where I'll
create this component and initialize it with copy overs from the deployed
composite.  Please let me know, if somebody things this is not right thing
to do.

Thanks

- Venkat