Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Andrei Tchijov <an...@tchijov.com> on 2007/09/15 02:00:51 UTC

Problems with using JavaScript with Axis2

Hi,
     I wonder if someone will have a sec to help me little bit?  I
think I figured out how to employ JavaScript with Axis2.  I guess key
part is service.xml file. Mine version of it looks like this:

<service name="MyTest">
     <description>
         This is just a Test
     </description>
     <operation name="Hello">
	<parameter name="script.js"><![CDATA[
		function invoke( inMC, outMC ) {
			Packages.java.lang.System.out.println( " Hello Axis2" );
		}
	]]></parameter>
     	<messageReceiver
class="org.apache.axis2.scripting.ScriptReceiver" />
     </operation>
</service>

The problem is that I am getting CNF on
org.apache.axis2.scripting.ScriptReceiver class (stack trace at the
end of the e-mail). I have noticed that ScriptReceiver is part of
Scripting Module (scripting.mar). I guess the question is, do I have
to do anything special to make classes from modules available?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Very Best regards,

Andrei Tchijov

org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: A
ClassNotFoundException error occurred in loading the message receiver
org.apache.axis2.scripting.ScriptReceiver
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService
(ServiceBuilder.java:389)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.buildServiceGr
oup(ArchiveReader.java:95)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processService
Group(ArchiveReader.java:172)
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy
(ServiceDeployer.java:78)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.deploy
(DeploymentFileData.java:137)
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy
(DeploymentEngine.java:571)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.WSInfoList.update
(WSInfoList.java:141)
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.update
(RepositoryListener.java:318)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.checkServices
(RepositoryListener.java:220)
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.loadServices
(DeploymentEngine.java:118)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.loadServices
(WarBasedAxisConfigurator.java:259)
         at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfiguration
Context(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:78)
         at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext
(AxisServlet.java:500)
         at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init
(AxisServlet.java:420)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet
(ServletHolder.java:378)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.getServlet
(ServletHolder.java:324)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle
(ServletHolder.java:400)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle
(ServletHandler.java:355)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle
(ContextHandler.java:567)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle
(HandlerCollection.java:126)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle
(HandlerWrapper.java:119)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handlerRequest
(HttpConnection.java:360)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection
$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:614)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:487)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable
(HttpParser.java:197)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle
(HttpConnection.java:288)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector
$HttpChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelConnector.java:805)
         at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run
(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: A
ClassNotFoundException error occurred in loading the message receiver
org.apache.axis2.scripting.ScriptReceiver
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.loadMessageReceiver
(DescriptionBuilder.java:194)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.processOperations
(ServiceBuilder.java:743)
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService
(ServiceBuilder.java:316)
         ... 28 more
org.apache.axis2.scripting.ScriptReceiver
         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:
268)
         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:
319)
         at org.apache.axis2.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:261)
         at org.apache.axis2.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:229)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.loadMessageReceiver
(DescriptionBuilder.java:190)
         ... 30 more

Re: Problems with using JavaScript with Axis2

Posted by Andrei Tchijov <an...@tchijov.com>.
Update to my last observation.  It does work with standard WAR based
installation after adding BSF and JS jars (duh!?). Also, it looks
like "proper" serice.xml looks like this :

<service name="JaspTest">
     <description>
         This is just a Test
     </description>
         <parameter name="script.js"><![CDATA[
                 function invoke( inMC, outMC ) {
                         Packages.java.lang.System.out.println( "
JASP : Hello Axis2" );
                 }
         ]]></parameter>
     <operation name="Hello">
         <messageReceiver
class="org.apache.axis2.scripting.ScriptReceiver" />
     </operation>
</service>

Parameter "script.js" is "per-service" not "per-operation" (I guess
it does make sense).   Have not tried it, but I assume that one can
specify different function-name on per-operation basis,

Adding BSF jar to my "none-standard" installation did not make a
difference :(. still getting CNF unless scripting*.mar copied as
scripting*.jar into class path

Andrei

Posted by Andrei Tchijov <an...@tchijov.com>.

Posted by Andrei Tchijov <an...@tchijov.com>.
Anthony,

Posted by Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com>.
I've not tried this with Axis2 1.3 yet but you need to have the scripting
.mar in the Axis2 modules folder, or if you just need the support for
inline scripts (that you're showing below) then you could try just
renaming the .mar to a .jar and  putting it on your classpath.

       ...ant

Please respond to axis-dev@ws.apache.org
To:     axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc:
Subject:        Re: Problems with using JavaScript with Axis2

> [...]

>> org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService
>> (ServiceBuilder.java:316)
>>
>>         ... 28 more
>> org.apache.axis2.scripting.ScriptReceiver
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass
>> (Launcher.java:268)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal
>> (ClassLoader.java:319)
>>         at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>>         at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
>>         at org.apache.axis2.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:261)
>>         at org.apache.axis2.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:229)
>>         at
>> org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.loadMessageReceiver

741598.

Re: Problems with using JavaScript with Axis2

Posted by Andrei Tchijov <an...@tchijov.com>.
Hi Deepal,

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
hi Andrei ,