Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rigas <ri...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2005/03/03 15:49:30 UTC

Form Parameters not passed when jmeter proxy running

Hello there,

I have a J2EE application and I want to record a test scenario. Most of the parts are recordable. However, in 2 specific JSPs, although when running the app without the JMeter proxy server, the page works, when I use the JMeter's proxy I get an exception on the web page, because of some parameters not passed.
The page is trying to submit a multipart form and the submit parameter is encoded (JMeter considers it encoded)

Any suggestions on what I should check? Is it possible that this is a JMeter bug?

thanks in advance
Rigas

Re: Form Parameters not passed when jmeter proxy running

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:49:30 +0200, Rigas <ri...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I have a J2EE application and I want to record a test scenario. Most of the parts are recordable. However, in 2 specific JSPs, although when running the app without the JMeter proxy server, the page works, when I use the JMeter's proxy I get an exception on the web page, because of some parameters not passed.

Do you know which ones are missing?
And what their values should be?

> The page is trying to submit a multipart form and the submit parameter is encoded (JMeter considers it encoded)
>
> Any suggestions on what I should check? Is it possible that this is a JMeter bug?

What version of JMeter are you using?
[2.0.2 is the latest release.]

Check jmeter.log for any error/warning messages.

Check outstanding Bugzilla reports ... ;-)

Have a look at the generated samplers and headers to see if there is
any obvious mangling of parameters. Perhaps something is being
double-encoded - or not at all. Or are the parameters being dropped
entirely?