Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Marshall Roch <ma...@exclupen.com> on 2004/01/05 17:36:50 UTC

Forrest for a newspaper

Hi all,

My school's newspaper wants to publish their articles online.  Ideally,
I'd like to have it all be part of Forrest, to keep a consistent look
and feel, and to have only one skin to maintain.  I'm looking for any
pointers about the best way to go about this.

Info:
- Editions are published about once a month.
- Each edition has 5 sections.
- Each section has numeous articles.
- Each edition has an index page that lists top stories in that edition.
- Each section has an index page that lists all stories in that section.

We will be creating a web-based administration interface in PHP.  We
were thinking that the articles could be stored in wiki format, and the
index pages (which list all of the articles in each category) could be
generated by an RSS feed.

Does this setup sound feasible?  Maybe there's already something that
would work for this, perhaps a customized Cocoon Wiki?

Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks!

--
Marshall Roch

Re: Forrest for a newspaper

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Marshall Roch wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My school's newspaper wants to publish their articles online.
<snip/>
> Does this setup sound feasible?  Maybe there's already something that
> would work for this, perhaps a customized Cocoon Wiki?

Maybe you could make good use of Lenya [1].

And what you would also like is Doco [2], that Stefano Mazzocchi is
working on.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/
[2] http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Doco

             - verba volant, scripta manent -