Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Hao Wang <bi...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/25 20:01:55 UTC

REST API: grantAcess vs. createPolicy

Hi,

I was looking at the APIs for manipulating policies and access permissions. It seems there are a couple of APIs for that including create policy, update policy, delete policy, grant access and revoke access. I am wondering what is the different between the policy APIs and grant/revoke access? It looks like the web UI is calling the policy APIs. I couldn’t find where the grant/access APIs are used. Any information on them would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Hao Wang

Re: REST API: grantAcess vs. createPolicy

Posted by Hao Wang <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Bhavik!

Posted by Bhavik Patel <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,