Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Taz Smith <ta...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/09 01:12:52 UTC

XML Literal Encoding Problems with MS .NET

I am trying to receive an XML document from a MS .NET
web service.  I specified the encoding style as
NS_URI_LITERAL_XML:

call.setEncodingStyleURI(Constants.NS_URI_LITERAL_XML);

There are no parameters.  The SOAP response is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<soap:Envelope

  <soap:Body>
    <getUserResponse
xmlns="http://microsoft-net-server/MyService/UserAccounts">
      <getUserResult>
        <errorState>Failure</errorState>
        <errorMessage>Authorization Failed or account
doesn't exist</errorMessage>
      </getUserResult>
    </getUserResponse>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

I get the following error from the client (Java):
   [Client] [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=No Deserializer found
 to deserialize a
'http://microsoft-net/DotNetPofCService/CharlesSchwab:getUserR
esult' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.; target
Exception=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No
Deserializer found to deseriali
ze a
'http://microsoft-net/DotNetPofCService/CharlesSchwab:getUserResult'
using
encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.]
   [Client]     at
org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:246)
   [Client]     at
com.de.webservice.security.view.Client.main(Unknown
Source)
   [Client] Exception in thread "main"

Any Ideas? Thanks!

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Re: XML Literal Encoding Problems with MS .NET

Posted by Christian Weyer <ch...@eyesoft.de>.
ASP.NET Web Services do support literal encoding. But _only_ in
conjunction with document oriented messages!
Any other combination of parameter formatting/overall SOAP formatting is
supported, though ...

Christian
  .NET XML Web Services Repertory
   http://www.xmlwebservices.cc/