Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Stefan Krause <ku...@hotmail.com> on 2000/10/13 13:29:37 UTC

Basic schema access question

Hi, perhaps there is someone out there, who can help me answering a quite
basic schema question.

Assume I get XML-documents from suppliers coded accoring to a generic
schema (The schema will be published on the internet), but I definitely must
check the validity of the document before processing. My Parser is  located
behind a firewall and thus not able to access the schema on the internet
(also due to the speed of the access), such that a local copy of the schema
will be available in the intranet.
Now my question: What is the easiest way to make the parser know the
location of the schema? I have not found any direct way to let the parser
specify the location and I don't think it will be a good idea to try to add
something like xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation in the document.

Is there a good solution? Thanks for any suggestions!
Stefan

http://profiles.msn.com.

how to skip DTD file.

Posted by Jeffrey Porter <je...@metadyne.uk.com>.
Hi,

Could some one tell me how to stop the Xerces parser from reading the DTD file
referenced inside the
xml file.

I realise that Xerces's support for SAX2 is not final yet, but I imagined that
either "continue-after-fatal-error"
set to true would work or by setting "nonvalidating/load-dtd-grammer" to false
would work.

Neither seem to have any effect.  Could some one please give me some advice on
this. either why they
don't work or when they might be fixed.

Thank
Jeff.

Also.....

Not sure if this is correct or not but line 1159 in XMLParser.java reads...

if (feature.equals("load-dtd-grammar")) {

Surely this should be ....

if (feature.equals("nonvalidating/load-dtd-grammar")) {

Thanks again in advance for any advice.