Posted to users@flex.apache.org by DarrenEvans <da...@allocatesoftware.com> on 2014/09/26 16:00:58 UTC

Which Internet Explorer version is required by each FlashPlayer version?

We are currently running Flex SDK 4.6 and have rolled out FlashPlayer 11.1 to
our clients.

We want to support the native right-click customisation functionality
introduced in 11.2. We also have a requirement to support IE7.

Looking through the release notes for each version, when I look at 11.2 and
11.3 I see a nice little system requirements section listing browser
requirements (lovely). From 11.4 onwards the release notes system
requirements section just has a link to the latest requirements which is of
absolutely no use to me as I really don't need that information!!!

How can I find the browser requirements for each version of FlashPlayer?

Re: Which Internet Explorer version is required by each FlashPlayer version?

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
Flash has typically not had a required browser version or it's been very
low. Since it's a plugin it runs in it's own sand box so to speak. The only
requirements I would think would be if a Flash Player version required
specific API's of the NPAPI and PPAPI plugin formats.

Just recently Flash Player has added support for browser zoom, (Improved
Resolution of Stage3D Content on Browser Zoom). This is the first time I've
seen FP require a newer browser in as long as I can remember. However it's
not required to have this browser it's only required if you need this
feature.

>From the Adobe FP blog:

As of FP 15, the above feature is only available for Internet Explorer on
Windows 8.x.  Feature availability on other browsers and OSes is currently
being investigated.  Browsers based the NPAPI plug-in (eg, Firefox, Safari)
will not support this feature due to lack of plug-in APIs for retrieving
the browser zoom value.  Support for browsers based on the PPAPI plug-in
(eg, Chrome) is being considered for a near future version of FP. On
browser platforms that do not support this feature, the
Event.BROWSER_ZOOM_CHANGE event will not fire, the return value of
Stage.browserZoomFactor will not change, and setting of the
wantsBestResolutionOnBrowserZoom parameter will have no effect. [1]

[1]
http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2014/09/improved-resolution-of-stage3d-content-on-browser-zoom.html#more-6562

Posted by DarrenEvans <da...@allocatesoftware.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.