Posted to dev@htrace.apache.org by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org> on 2017/05/16 20:40:10 UTC

[VOTE] HTrace-4.3.0-incubating RC3

Hi Devs,

Please consider the following release candidate for Apache HTrace
4.3.0-incubating!

http://people.apache.org/~mdrob/htrace-4.3.0-incubating-rc3/

The jars have been staged here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehtrace-1029

There's a few minor fixes in this release:

** Bug
    * [HTRACE-387] - htrace-c should have a test dependency on htrace
-htraced
    * [HTRACE-393] - Binary annotations are being shown as base64 in the
zipkin frontend
    * [HTRACE-398] - Enforce requirement to build with Maven 3.0.4 from
HTRACE-236

** Improvement
    * [HTRACE-386] - htrace-c: add functions for retrieving the span ID to
the public API

RC History:
RC0 - Discarded due to user error.
RC1 - Missing some version string updates, vote failed.
RC2 - Discarded due to missing HTRACE-398
RC3 - Current

This vote will run for 5 days ( Sun May 21 21:30:00 UTC 2017 )

Thanks,
Mike

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] HTrace-4.3.0-incubating RC3

Posted by Raam Rosh-Hai <ra...@findhotel.net>.
Thank you everybody, really nice to see this progressing

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.
Vote passes with +3

Re: [VOTE] HTrace-4.3.0-incubating RC3

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.
A question about protocol here... Two of the votes have come in past the
deadline, but without them we wouldn't have had enough votes to get quorum
on the release. Can we still accept them and move forward, or do we need to

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1