Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/31 11:36:47 UTC

Is there any drawback of setting the capacity of sender to very high

I wanted to know what side affects would there be other than greater
consumption of memory on the sender if we set the capacity of the sender to
say 8000 and the receiver capacity to also 8000 and acknowledge after every
7200 messages. I will be receiving about 8 messages every millisecond. Is
there another side of the picture that I am not considering ?

Re: Is there any drawback of setting the capacity of sender to very high

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 01/31/2013 10:36 AM, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> I wanted to know what side affects would there be other than greater
> consumption of memory on the sender if we set the capacity of the sender to
> say 8000 and the receiver capacity to also 8000 and acknowledge after every
> 7200 messages. I will be receiving about 8 messages every millisecond. Is
> there another side of the picture that I am not considering ?

Generally performance is a little better with slightly smaller
capacities on both sender and receiver. You want it large enough to
prevent stalling on a round trip, generally I find a few hundred is as
high as you need to go.