Posted to xap-dev@incubator.apache.org by Coach Wei <co...@nexaweb.com> on 2008/04/02 02:10:37 UTC

browser wish list voting

Hey XAP developers:

you may or may not be aware of this - at OpenAjax, we have been working
on something called "OpenAjax Runtime Wish List" at the Runtime Task
Force. The goal is to identify the major issues/wishes that we have from
the Ajax community, get the community together, and work with browser
vendors, in the end, hopefully helping browser vendors build browsers
that the Ajax community would like.

This effort has been going on for 5 months. We've collected a good list
from many different parties. At march 21 2008 F2F meeting in NYC, we had
a townhall meeting on this. The meeting went really well, with great
participation from many community leaders. Microsoft IE 8 team also
dialed in. All in all, this little effort we started a few months ago is
looking promising now and we may actually be able to influence browser
vendors in making browsers that suck less:-)

We've finished updating the wish list as a result of the F2F meeting.
Now we are ready to open to the public for public feedback, in
particular, voting for the top 5 features at this phase. Ajaxian.com
will likely annnounce this tomorrow.

XAP developers, please vote - to make sure that top issues that bother
you are being considered!

The current wish list:
http://www.openajax.org/runtime/wiki/Feature_Requests_Summary_Page
Phase 1 Voting page: http://www.openajax.org/runtime/wiki/Phase_I_Voting