Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Toby Ferguson <to...@netscape.com> on 2000/07/07 18:10:39 UTC

Xalan fails on large DTDs

Hi,

I have a large DTD (81344 bytes, 1827 lines) - I get the following error
message when this DTD is referenced from an XML file:

"file: /u/toby/test1/mm.dtd; Line 727; Column 3
XSL Error: Could not parse mm.xml document!
XSLT: The markup declarations contained or pointed to by the document
type declaration must be well-formed"

However this line contains markup declarations that were "successfully"
used on dozens of previous lines. Also, if I move this line down 9 lines
by inserting whitespace then Xalan works OK, but if I insert 10 lines,
then Xalan fails on a different line. This makes me think its a Xalan
defect and not a defect in the DTD markup. Anyone else experienced
anything like this? Anyone got an idea where to look for the problem?

Toby