Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Simona Rabinovici-Cohen <SI...@il.ibm.com> on 2017/03/01 21:17:34 UTC

reaasign location of partitions

Hello,

We have an application in which specific partitions need to be executed on
specific worker machines. Thus, we would like to assign for each
partition, the worker machine that will execute that partition. Moreover
we would like to do it before each stage of the SPARK app, and be able to
reassign the worker machine prior to every stage.
Currently, we are able to do so before the first stage by overwriting
getPrefferedLocation. Is there a way to change the preferred location
before each stage?

Thanks and Regards,

Simona Rabinovici-Cohen