Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/28 01:01:30 UTC

Abdera configuration

The current Abdera configuration model is designed around the notion of
being able to configure alternative default implementations in a way
that is transparent to consuming applications.  However, since we only
have one implementation of the interfaces as it's just as easy just to
do Parser parser = new MyOtherParser(), I'm strongly leaning towards
backing this stuff out and simplifying the configuration model.  Using
alternative Parser implementations would no longer require a
configuration step.  Implementations would just new up the alternative
Parser.

Thoughts?

- James

Re: Abdera configuration

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 10/30/06, James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I imagine is a discovery model generally similar to JAXP.  It's not
> a big change over what we currently have.
>
>   Parser parser = abdera.getParser();

As long as there is a way to get ahold of the default parser without
hardcoding its class name into the code then having to be explicit
about the class name when using alternate parsers seems fine with me.
I really don't think alternate parsers is going to be a common use
case anyway.

-garrett

Re: Abdera configuration

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.