Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Mrazovic, Maik" <Ma...@t-systems.com> on 2002/07/31 10:55:14 UTC

Problem with internationalization

Hello,

I developed a webapplication with struts. Everything works fine after
several tests. The Application must be internationalized, `cause we have
customers in France e.g.

When we´ve tested the application in France it did not work! And I don`t
know why.

Well, I managed my Windows2000 as an france-computer, connected to our
server in Germany and the same problem happened! That means: The
communication between an france client to a german-server did not work! When
I managed the server as an "france-server" it worked, that means
france-client to france-server worked fine!

Whats the problem, and how can i solve it?

Regards,

Maik

RE: Visual GUI Designer for Struts

Posted by Steve Eynon <se...@dot-logic.co.uk>.
Hi Rick,

Unfortunately Visio is a commercial program and 'yes' you do have to
fork out money for it. I've seen new copies of MS Visio 2002 auctioned
on eBay for about 75 stlg (110 euros / USD).

After working on various client sites I've noticed that most companies
usually have a copy or two kicking around somewhere and I've become
quite accustomed to it.

Visio has been around for a fair few years now and sports quite a
polished GUI, it's great for quickly throwing together diagrams with the
pre-drawn shapes, pictures and stencils. Better yet it allows you draw
your own shapes and stencils and hook into the object and event model
with Visual Basic. See, Microsoft aren't all bad! (Well, I suppose they
did just buy the rights to Visio as oppose to developing it themselves!)

As Andreas said, I've just made some shapes and written a parser in
Visual Basic which scans your diagram and generates your XML struts
config file. (Although I like to think it does a little bit more than
that!)

Hope this helps,

Steve.

I see Visio is required for this.  What is Visio?  Is this a commercial
program that you have to buy to run your GUI?

Thanks,

Rick

Re: Visual GUI Designer for Struts

Posted by James Holmes <jh...@yahoo.com>.
I'll see that it makes its way onto the appropriate
Resources page.

-james
james@jamesholmes.com
http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/