Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Rohit Magazine <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/13 00:07:28 UTC

Unable to use ActiveMQ.NMS on Windows 7

I have a solution that uses Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ ver 1.5.6. This solution
works fine on WindowsXP but when i port the same code to Windows7.
It gives me {host not found} exception at
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory.CreateActiveMQConnection ....... in
C:\dev\NMS.ActiveMQ\src\csharp\ConnectionFactory.cs:line 151
  at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection ....... in
C:\dev\NMS.ActiveMQ\src\csharp\ConnectionFactory.cs : line 107

Do i need to do anything specific for this code to work on Windows 7 ?

Please advice

Re: Unable to use ActiveMQ.NMS on Windows 7

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Use the full .NET framework in your project, not the Client Profile.

Right-click on your Project in *Solution Explorer*, and select Properties.
 On the *Application* tab, set the *Target framework* to *.NET Framework 4*.

Posted by Rohit Magazine <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks...
That was the issue. I had to use FQDN rather than just the hostname.

Re: Unable to use ActiveMQ.NMS on Windows 7

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 2012-10-12 at 15:07 -0700, Rohit Magazine wrote:
> I have a solution that uses Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ ver 1.5.6. This solution
> works fine on WindowsXP but when i port the same code to Windows7.
> It gives me {host not found} exception at
> Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory.CreateActiveMQConnection ....... in
> C:\dev\NMS.ActiveMQ\src\csharp\ConnectionFactory.cs:line 151
>   at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection ....... in
> C:\dev\NMS.ActiveMQ\src\csharp\ConnectionFactory.cs : line 107
>
> Do i need to do anything specific for this code to work on Windows 7 ?
>
> Please advice

Are you sure that this Windows 7 machine can resolve that host name,
have you tried using the IP Address?  Is there a firewall issue?

Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/