Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "ping.sumit" <pi...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/04 00:39:04 UTC

Cleaning a POM file

hi,
I am new to the Maven and trying to clean a POM file. Please let me know how
can I make sure if any plugins, repositories or dependencies are not in use.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Cleaning a POM file

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
You can use dependency:analyze to identify unused dependencies:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/analyze-mojo.html

Re: Cleaning a POM file

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@duguo.org>.
1 Delete everything you are not sure.
2 run the desired goals such as install site
3 add back  required stuff until step 2 success
-Guo

Re: Cleaning a POM file

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 03/01/2011 6:39 PM, ping.sumit wrote:
> hi,
> I am new to the Maven and trying to clean a POM file. Please let me know how
> can I make sure if any plugins, repositories or dependencies are not in use.
>
> Thanks in Advance
yes
1) You should only have your own repository. Get Nexus or one of the
other free repos up and going
2) Plug-ins are used to do something. Look at each one to see where it
is used in the pom
3) Dependencies are there to support software that is using imported
classes. Can not be determined by looking at the POM.

1 and 2 are easy. 3 is work.

Ron