Posted to user@struts.apache.org by אלחנן מעין <em...@msn.com> on 2007/05/16 21:50:16 UTC

struts2 vs jsf?

first of all , i know it's not all or nothing, i know that struts2 has a
plug-in for jsf, my question ism why? what does JSF connection to struts2
gives me?  i know that struts2 tags give me automatic validation messages
atttached to each control, automatic layout (too restrictive) ajax
connection, why should i use jsf with struts2 instead it's own tags?

Re: struts2 vs jsf?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
אלחנן מעין wrote:
> first of all , i know it's not all or nothing, i know that struts2 has a
> plug-in for jsf, my question ism why? what does JSF connection to
> struts2 gives me?  i know that struts2 tags give me automatic validation
> messages atttached to each control, automatic layout (too restrictive)
> ajax connection, why should i use jsf with struts2 instead it's own tags?

Because you want to migrate from JSF to Struts2, or from Struts2 to JSF?
Because you want to take advantage of the many UI component libraries
built on JSF within your S2 app? There are probably many reasons people
choose to combine these technologies but if you don't see a benefit for
your application, you don't have to do so.

L.