Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/06/30 11:26:09 UTC

Re: [classlib] build file stuff

Matt, this sounds great to me.  Thanks!  I look forward to the JIRAs.

I had a couple of things I was still thinking I'd change (descriptions
in the top-level and module build.xml files was one of them).  I was
also wondering if it was better to use imports for the make/build-*.xml
files since these are not supposed to be called directly any more.

Aside: Does anyone still call these [make/build-*.xml] directly?  If so,
perhaps we need more top-level targets.

I'm quite busy anyway so I'll hold off on my changes until you've had a
good look at them.

Regards,
 Mark.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Just checking :)

I'm sitting here on a work holiday trying to catch up...

geir

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Why?
>
> Nathan Beyer wrote:
>> Ah ha...I already do that, so all is well. It seems my lack of Ant knowledge
>> is showing. Are we ready to move to Maven 2 yet? :)

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [classlib] build file stuff

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Why?

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.

Posted by George Harley <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Matt, this sounds great to me.  Thanks!  I look
> forward to the JIRAs.
>
> I had a couple of things I was still thinking I'd
> change (descriptions
> in the top-level and module build.xml files was one
> of them).  I was
> also wondering if it was better to use imports for
> the make/build-*.xml
> files since these are not supposed to be called
> directly any more.

If these could be changed to imports, yes, that would
be better than <ant> invocations, for similar reasons
as to why macros are better than <antcall>s.

-Matt

> Aside: Does anyone still call these
> [make/build-*.xml] directly?  If so,
> perhaps we need more top-level targets.
>
> I'm quite busy anyway so I'll hold off on my changes
> until you've had a
> good look at them.
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.
>

> On 29 June 2006 at 8:56, Matt Benson
> <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Now that I've (finally, thanks Gregory!) got the
> > classlib built I'd like to start playing with the
> Ant
> > buildfiles to apply some of the practices
> encouraged
> > with modern Ant versions, but possibly
> lesser-known to
> > old-school (aka "learned Ant 1.5.x or earlier")
> users.
[SNIP]