Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by KonradZuse <Th...@hotmail.com> on 2014/09/16 09:45:18 UTC

EhCache.jar included but getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException

Hello all,

I am trying to enable the EhCache for my applications but I am being met
with this error

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/ehcache/CacheException
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2658)
	at org.apache.shiro.util.ClassUtils.newInstance(ClassUtils.java:177)
	at org.apache.shiro.util.ClassUtils.newInstance(ClassUtils.java:164)
	at
org.apache.shiro.config.ReflectionBuilder.createNewInstance(ReflectionBuilder.java:144)
	at
org.apache.shiro.config.ReflectionBuilder.buildObjects(ReflectionBuilder.java:119)
	at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniSecurityManagerFactory.buildInstances(IniSecurityManagerFactory.java:161)
	at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniSecurityManagerFactory.createSecurityManager(IniSecurityManagerFactory.java:124)
	at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniSecurityManagerFactory.createSecurityManager(IniSecurityManagerFactory.java:102)
	at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniSecurityManagerFactory.createInstance(IniSecurityManagerFactory.java:88)
	at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniSecurityManagerFactory.createInstance(IniSecurityManagerFactory.java:46)
	at
org.apache.shiro.config.IniFactorySupport.createInstance(IniFactorySupport.java:123)
	at
org.apache.shiro.util.AbstractFactory.getInstance(AbstractFactory.java:47)
	at uploader.LoginControl.<init>(LoginControl.java:58)
	at uploader.Uploader.<init>(Uploader.java:25)
	... 15 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
	... 32 more

I know I am supposed to have the jar included, which I do, as well as having
shiro.all.1.2.3 so it should be there as well.

for some reason it is not working...

I lookined up the error in general and found others with the issue and being
told to download it from the main site  http://ehcache.org/downloads/catalog

But I'm not sure exactly which one I need.....  I have a web application,
and a desktop client that will be configured with it.

Any help would be appreciated, I find it weird that the Shiro jars aren't
working, but if there is an issue with the jars at least it will be known,
if it's something on my end hopefully I can fix it...

ini file for desktop client:

sessionManager = org.apache.shiro.mgt.DefaultSecurityManager
sessionDAO = org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.eis.EnterpriseCacheSessionDAO

cacheManager = org.apache.shiro.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManager
securityManager.cacheManager = $cacheManager

#securityManager.sessionManager = $sessionManager
securityManager.sessionManager.sessionDAO = $sessionDAO

Thanks all!  If anything else is needed let me know.

RE: EhCache.jar included but getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException

Posted by Konrad Zuse <th...@hotmail.com>.
I will remember this when doing this for the web portion, so thank you!

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:30:22 -0300
Subject: Re: EhCache.jar included but getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException
From: kotogadekiru@gmail.com
To: user@shiro.apache.org

Oh. If you are using a stand alone app disregard my comment.
El sep 16, 2014 8:15 PM, "KonradZuse" <Th...@hotmail.com> escribió:
>Hi,

Maybe you have to copy the jar manually to your server lib folder.

I use eclipse/glassfish and that was the case for me.

 "Program Files\glassfish4\glassfish\domains\domain1\lib"

I suppose it depends on your deployment configurations but certainly it

isn't sufficient to just include the jar in your project.

Hope it helps,

Tomas

Thanks for this.

Right now I'm setting this up with a desktop client using JavaFX, so right

now no connection to my server.  I'm also using Tomcat for my web

application, but that's seperate.

Why isn't it sufficient to include the jar files?  This is how every other

extension jar works, I've never had a problem with adding a jar, and then

getting to work, unless there was an issue with dependencies needed.

As I mentioned I use Netbeans.

I think you need to add ehcache-core as well. I believe shiro-ehcache only

has the support to use ehcache.

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.shiro/shiro-ehcache/1.2.1

thanks

Amish

I downloaded echache-core-2.6.9.jar and now everything works....  Thanks so

much!  I wish it was explained more clearly on the Shiro download page.  TBH

I think this also happened with s4jlogger I believe I went to the direct

page, but I was confused with everything so I don't know if I even tried to

download part for Shiro-Log, but I am using Shiro-all so...

Thanks again for the help, hopefully Lez, or someone can make that more

clear in the dl section and add that link above, since they could use the

dependency, or download the jar.

Btw thanks for the link, I didn't know maven stored jars and such on their

servers, but I guess that makes sense since the dependencies have to connect

to something...

Re: EhCache.jar included but getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException

Posted by Tomas Lund Petersen <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by KonradZuse <Th...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Tomas Lund Petersen <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Konrad Zuse <th...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Jared Bunting <ja...@peachjean.com>.

Posted by Amish Shah <am...@kno.com>.
Try unjaring the war file and see if the ehcache.jar is in it. You
shouldn'= t have to add it to server libs.

Thanks

Amish