Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sommeralex <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 19:27:02 UTC

images dont resolve anymore

i have tooltip images which dont show up.

see:
http://www.airwriting.com/group/show/30

the tooltip is a component, which renders via the writer:

writer.element("image",
				"src", "img/icon/help.png}",
				"title", text,
				"id", id
		);

it worked with the old tapestry, 2.6, but not with the new one. The previous
issue was solved with putting the praefix context e.g
src="${context:/img/icon/money.png}" to my image, but this does not work if
i am trying it like this:

writer.element("image",
				"src", "${context:/img/icon/help.png}",
				"title", text,
				"id", id
		);

any ideas how?

the same thing is with my custom slider component, the background url (the
slider image) is not shown in the browser.

TML:

	id="d_slider"
	style="	background: url('/img/icon/slider/slider.png') repeat-x scroll 0 0
transparent;
					position:relative;
					width:214px;
					height:42px;">

		style="	background:url('/img/icon/slider/handle.png') no-repeat scroll
center bottom transparent;
						cursor:move;
						height:40px;
						width:30px;
						position:absolute;">

Re: images dont resolve anymore

Posted by sommeralex <al...@gmail.com>.
created an asset and solved it with toClientURL()

thx!

Re: images dont resolve anymore

Posted by sommeralex <al...@gmail.com>.
it is also not working with the slash:

		writer.element("image",
				"src", "/img/icon/money.png",
				"title", text,
				"id", id
		);

the produced url is:
http://www.airwriting.com/img/icon/help.png

Re: images dont resolve anymore

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:27:02 -0300, sommeralex
<al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> writer.element("image",
> 				"src", "img/icon/help.png}",
> 				"title", text,
> 				"id", id
> 		);

You're using a relative path. Use an absolute one (starting with a slash
or a full URL) such as /img/icon/help.png.

> it worked with the old tapestry, 2.6, but not with the new one. The
> previous
> issue was solved with putting the praefix context e.g
> src="${context:/img/icon/money.png}" to my image, but this does not work
> if
> i am trying it like this:
>
> writer.element("image",
> 				"src", "${context:/img/icon/help.png}",
> 				"title", text,
> 				"id", id
> 		);

Tapestry doesn't interpret expansions when you're writing HTML through the
API. You could use AssetSource (specifically method getContextAsset()) for
situations in which the path is dynamic.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

Re: images dont resolve anymore

Posted by Scott <ha...@gmail.com>.
Please remove me from this mailing list.  I've made several attempts to
remove my address, but have not had any success.  Thanks.