Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Walker, Jeff" <Je...@fmr.com> on 2007/09/25 16:10:38 UTC

Strange wsdl error in XMLSPY 5.0, but generates fully functioning web service

Hi all,
I'm getting a strange error in XMLSPY 5.0, when it parses the wsdl file
on saving. (By the way, this error does not appear in RAD7 or Axis 1.4
when I build my functioning web service from the wsdl. It works fine!).
The error is in the binding section. The error states: "The file is not
valid. Required attribute 'parts' of element 'soap:header' missing"

Now, looking through the actual schema at:
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/ , I see no required 'parts'
attribute in the header element at all. There is a 'part' attribute, but
not a parts attribute. Now 'parts' does exist in the tBody element's
attribute group, but I don't declare a body. Should I ?
Any ideas?
Thanks,
-jeff

Wsdl extract is:
..
<wsdl:binding name="PaGWebServiceSoapBinding" type="tns:PaGWebService">
  <wsdl:documentation>
    <wsi:Claim conformsTo="http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic1.1/"/>
  </wsdl:documentation>
  <soap:binding style="document"
  <wsdl:operation name="GetHousehold">
  <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
    <wsdl:input>       !!!!  ERROR ON SOAP:HEADER LINE BELOW  !!!!
      <soap:header message="tns:SessionHeader" part="SessionHeaderPart"
use="literal"/>
      <soap:body use="literal"/>
    </wsdl:input>
    <wsdl:output>
      <soap:header message="tns:MessageHeader" part="MessageHeaderPart"
use="literal"/>
      <soap:body use="literal"/>
    </wsdl:output>
    <wsdl:fault name="RequestFault">
      <soap:fault name="RequestFault" use="literal"/>
    </wsdl:fault>
    <wsdl:fault name="ResponseFault">
      <soap:fault name="ResponseFault" use="literal"/>
    </wsdl:fault>
  </wsdl:operation>
..