Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn> on 2017/05/21 13:51:30 UTC

[RELEASE PLANING] 2.2 Release Management

Hi, all,

I wish to start the discussion of Release R2.2 plan for Apache Trafodion. I have created a page at : https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Relase+2.2

I listed some JIRAs currently marking its fixVersion as '2.2-incubating' and category as 'improvement' as the Release Drivers. If you think your JIRAs need to be included in Release R2.2, please response by
-  update JIRA 'fixed version'
-  update the wiki directly

And I think two features should be the Release Driver, but I cannot find their corresponding JIRAs, so please the owner help to response

  *   A lot of TM changes ( Sean )
  *   publishing to the Nexus repository (Alex Peng, Prashanth), I saw TRAFODION-2544 and TRAFODION-2545, but not sure its current status and if they are targeted as R2.2, please response.

If you disagree with a release driver or think a new release driver should be added, then please start a discussion on the dev list.

Thanks,
Ming

RE: [RELEASE PLANING] 2.2 Release Management

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.
Thanks Sean, this is very helpful.

Best Regards,
Ming

I have created JIRA TRAFODION-2623 to track the first batch of DTM changes from the large Esgyn port.  I also updated the wiki.  Please let me know if I've missed something.

Thanks,
Sean

Posted by Sean Broeder <se...@esgyn.com>.
Ming,

Posted by Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Ming, I updated the status of two JIRAs that are currently assigned to me. Those may not be good candidates for R2.2, as I don't have plans to work on them. Unless someone else wants to volunteer to take them, I would suggest we remove them from the list of planned JIRAs.

Thanks,

Hans

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.
Thanks Zalo, I will update the wiki accordingly.

Posted by Zalo Correa <za...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Ming,

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Ming,

OK. I have 12 resolved JIRAs with fix version 2.2-incubating and another one that has since been marked closed.

The JIRAs that I've fixed in 2.2 are:

2605
2603
2583
2576
2575
2559
2552
2537
2529
2530
2474
2376
2294

Dave

The "Planned" section is the list of current JIRAs which has 'fix version' set to R 2.2. It is not from a feature perspective. From feature perspective, we choose  A lot of DTM changes  Nexus support I will contact related people directly to update the JIRA list asap.

thanks,
Ming