Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Carlos Pita <ca...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 05:51:23 UTC

Example of pseudo-ajax file uploading using iframes

Hi all,

here is a hopefully functional example showing how to use an iframe to
upload a file and afterwards call a behavior on a component belonging to the
top frame, so that an ajax action could be carried on in consequence (maybe
to get rid of the iframe, or to show an informative message, or whatever).
This is along the same venue as other examples that are around the web, like
http://www.air4web.com/files/upload/. I don't have the time to write a
proper wiki page just right now, so I simply attach the example here. Hope
it helps.

Regards,
Carlos

Re: Example of pseudo-ajax file uploading using iframes

Posted by dukehoops <ni...@doppelganger.com>.
Does anyone have a copy of this (or any other) Ajax file upload example?

The attachment mentioned below does not open.

thanks
-nikita

-----

Re: Example of pseudo-ajax file uploading using iframes

Posted by bryan0101 <bt...@gmail.com>.
I have confirmed that the code attached is working great!!! (the attachment
is in tar. gzip format. use 7-zip)
THANK YOU CARLO! The code is awesome. This feature been bugging for the last
week or so. The php side have long been able to do this with their
frameworks (using the same technique I believe).

This piece should be in the extension package.

Thanks again.