Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Rajender Vallapureddy <ra...@hnexus.com> on 2013/04/12 10:47:18 UTC

running james imapserver on ports 143 & 993 in James 3beta3

Dear Eric,

I want to run james impserver on both 143 & 993 ports. I have made
following change in the james-server-context.xml

<entry key="org.apache.james:type=server,name=imapserver"
value-ref="imapserver"/>
<entry key="org.apache.james:type=server,name=imapserver-ssl"
value-ref="imapserver-ssl"/>

<bean id="imapserver" class="org.apache.james.imapserver.netty.OioIMAPServer">
	<property name="imapDecoder" ref="imapDecoder"/>
	<property name="imapEncoder" ref="imapEncoder"/>
</bean>

<bean id="imapserver-ssl"
class="org.apache.james.imapserver.netty.OioIMAPServer">
	<property name="imapDecoder" ref="imapDecoder"/>
	<property name="imapEncoder" ref="imapEncoder"/>
</bean>

Following is the exception I am getting while starting the server.
Please guide me how to run both the ports in james3 beta3.

	Exception in thread "main"
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'imapserver-ssl': Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to
register mbean
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:133)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:394)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1413)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:580)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:895)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:425)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
        at org.apache.james.container.spring.context.JamesServerApplicationContext.<init>(JamesServerApplicationContext.java:39)
        at org.apache.james.container.spring.Main.init(Main.java:66)
        at org.apache.james.container.spring.Main.main(Main.java:42)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to register mbean
        at org.apache.james.util.concurrent.JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor.registerMBean(JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor.java:76)
        at org.apache.james.util.concurrent.JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor.<init>(JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor.java:50)
        at org.apache.james.util.concurrent.JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor.newCachedThreadPool(JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor.java:182)
        at org.apache.james.protocols.lib.netty.AbstractConfigurableAsyncServer.createBossExecutor(AbstractConfigurableAsyncServer.java:453)
        at org.apache.james.imapserver.netty.OioIMAPServer.createSocketChannelFactory(OioIMAPServer.java:33)
        at org.apache.james.protocols.impl.AbstractAsyncServer.bind(AbstractAsyncServer.java:90)
        at org.apache.james.protocols.lib.netty.AbstractConfigurableAsyncServer.init(AbstractConfigurableAsyncServer.java:245)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$LifecycleElement.invoke(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:340)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$LifecycleMetadata.invokeInitMethods(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:293)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:130)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
org.apache.james:type=server,name=imapserver,sub-type=threadpool,threadpool=boss
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.Repository.addMBean(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.internal_addObject(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.registerDynamicMBean(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.registerObject(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.registerMBean(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.registerMBean(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.james.util.concurrent.JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor.registerMBean(JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor.java:74)
        ... 29 more

Regards,
Rajender

Re: running james imapserver on ports 143 & 993 in James 3beta3

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Rajender,

I crawled the archives to find back some example for IMAP without success.

I won't have time to reload beta3, but if you has some success with
SMTP, IMAP is something you could fix I hope.

Otherwise, beta4 supports multiple ports per protocol, but some
configuration and database structure have changed, so this is not a
transparent upgrade...

Thx, Eric

Posted by Rajender Vallapureddy <ra...@hnexus.com>.
Dear Eric,