Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> on 2017/05/18 22:26:17 UTC

Host PIO on Github (not ASF Git)

BTW there seems now to be a way to host on Github (not ASF Git) by linking our ASF accounts to our git accounts. This would make a bunch of things much easier like PRs can be reviewed and merged directly,  direct merging of doc changes by users, lots of nice stuff that is GUI related.  This would open up a whole new toolchain unless there are some hidden restrictions and unless I’m misreading something.

https://gitbox.apache.org/ <https://gitbox.apache.org/>

Even given the risk of GH going down I’d take it over forcing the poor Infra people to guarantee some SLA for our own git servers. They must have a zillion more interesting things to do.

I’d be happy to shepherd the Infra Jira if people want this. What do people think?

Re: Host PIO on Github (not ASF Git)

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK,  some apache projects (spark/zeppelin) use github as mirror but
still based on apache git. People can still use github to submit/review PR.
But they need to call a script to merget this PR.

See https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/dev/merge_zeppelin_pr.py

Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>于2017年5月20日周六 上午12:42写道:

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.