Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Enrico Bacis <en...@unibg.it> on 2014/08/21 11:42:55 UTC

Custom Cost Function

Hi everyone,

I contacted Julian about a month ago and he suggested to write here if I
had further questions.

I'm playing with Optiq for research purposes and I think it is really a
great tool. I was wondering if it is possible to extend the VolcanoPlanner
with a custom cost function. I'm studying the evaluation of different
relational plans in a cloud databases environment based on security
constraints and the different cost that I have to pay for resources in a
cluster. I'm not trying to implement all of this now, I was just trying to
obtain the relational plan that minimizes this cost function.

I was thinking of extending VolcanoPlanner but then I don't know how to use
my planner with the Frameworks class.

Thank you for your attention,

Enrico Bacis
Università degli Studi di Bergamo