Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by SCHIEFERT Manfred - XA <ma...@alcatel.at> on 2001/03/27 13:37:40 UTC

Error in delete when using xerces_c_1_2d.dll

Hello!

I got xerces_c_1_2d.dll via a distribution of Speechworks/CMU open voice browser (OpenVXI). This included links to Xerces and other PD SW (e.g. SpyderMonkey).

The Xerces delivery was a binary one, I did not get any sources (but lots of samples, though). My OS is NT 4 SP6.

Running a DOM parser in the scope of the OpenVXI browser shows an interesting problem (in DEBUG mode, using multi-threaded DLLs for OpenVXI in VC6 SP4): whenever code like the following is executed, the delete fails (at least with high probabilty) with an NT error message like invalid address in delete:

  buf = str.transcode();
  if(buf && VXIstrlen(buf) > 0){
    exe_cont->eval_script(buf);
	 printf ("+++++++++++++Would delete %08x <%s> in VXI::script_element(DOM_Node& doc)\n",
		 (long)buf, buf);
    //delete buf;
  }

In above code snippet, UNCOMMENTING the "delete buf;" woulkd result into a debug assertion exception!

Is a similar problem known anywhere out there?

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks
Manfred

        V          Manfred Schiefert