Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by "zou.cl" <zo...@neusoft.com> on 2011/11/18 07:39:26 UTC

OutofMemory problem in ClusterDumper

Hi guys,

     I just noticed the out of memory problem in the ClusterDumper class. It seems that it loads all the data (for example, the clusteredPoints) into the Map container which cost huge memory if we have GBs data. I think we could also use Mapreduce to print the results instead of loading all into memory.

zou.cl via foxmail
is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.

Re: Re: OutofMemory problem in ClusterDumper

Posted by "zou.cl" <zo...@neusoft.com>.
Thank you very much for your help, I will check it out

zou.cl via foxmail

Sender: Paritosh Ranjan
Date: 2011年11月18日(星期五) 下午3:16
To: user
Subject: Re: OutofMemory problem in ClusterDumper
We are trying to create a cluster output post processor which will write
cluster specific data.
You can apply the latest patch available on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-843 and use
ClusterOutputPostProcessor's distribute method. You won't get
outofmemory there. If this is what you want.

Paritosh

Posted by Paritosh Ranjan <pr...@xebia.com>.