Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2017/06/12 18:08:13 UTC

Re: Trying to use "mvn karaf:run"

> Hm... since I'm not using a custom distro for production use, this (like
> the old pax:exam stuff) is work that won't see daily use and (also like
> the old pax:exam stuff) will see bit-rot (if I don't use it myself I
> won't discover that it isn't working until someone tells me).

>> Anyway, as we did bundle, it makes sense that karaf:run supports a
>> features set as well. I will create the Jira about that.

The Jira issue is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-5104

I have just created a github pull request with a proposed fix for that
issue: https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/318

The pull request adds:
1. A parameter to set a list of URLs to feature repositories to add to
   the karaf started by karaf:run
2. A parameter containing a comma separated list of features to install
   in the karaf started by karaf:run
3. If karaf:run is set up to deploy the current project artifact and if
   the current project has packaging pom and an attached file with
   classifier "features" and type "xml", that attachment will be
   installed as a feature repository in the karaf started by the
   karaf:run goal

Note: Even if you decide not to take this change, you might consider the
first commit of this pull request, because that is just as-is unit tests
of the RunMojo.deploy(BundleContext) method.