Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2002/11/14 22:29:03 UTC

[lang] Money/Units/Quantities [was Re: Conversion utilities]

http://www.dautelle.com/jade is the most well known units and quantities
package. It also follows the JSR on the subject. In some ways, it would be
nice to see this work brought under the Jakarta Commons group, as there is
much useful code there.

Even if we don't intend to have a whole units package in [lang], we should
probably have Money and Currency classes. They are pretty fundamental to
many business applications. (I don't think that a [money] is required here
??)

Stephen

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
+1, I've got some code too that I can merge in to fill any gaps.
I suggest we keep this in the [lang-sandbox] with CalendarUtils for the
moment.
Stephen

Posted by Steven Caswell <st...@caswell.name>.