Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Johnny Cass <ar...@jab.org> on 2001/03/26 10:11:08 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/lib velocity-1.0b2-dev.jar velocity-0.71.jar

Jon,

This doesn't work with turbine-TDKa11.jar currently used in Jetspeed?

Velocity's Runtime is no longer the same as the one used in
TurbineVelocityService.java of TDKa11.jar.

Is there a tagged revision of turbine available that will fix this?

- Johnny

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Johnny Cass wrote:

> Jon,
>
> This doesn't work with turbine-TDKa11.jar currently used in Jetspeed?
>
> Velocity's Runtime is no longer the same as the one used in
> TurbineVelocityService.java of TDKa11.jar.
>
> Is there a tagged revision of turbine available that will fix this?

I suggest a workaround (for two-three weeks):

downgrade velocity to whatever version works if you use vm templates.

upgrade to build the documents.

The "downgrading" needs only to be done in the war, not for compilation
(I hope).

I think it is too little time left to upgrade turbine, as most of us
will be out next week in ApacheCON, so I would prefer waiting for the
upgrade until when we come back.

Also, since velocity is not used in the default configuration, it will
disturb little people. If we upgrade turbine and then leave for
ApacheCON leaving jetspeed unstable, the potencial damage is much higher.

Would it solve your issues?