Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2016/12/15 15:17:27 UTC

release plan for 2.13.7, branching for 2.14, webdav/httpclient changes (JCR-2406)

Hi there,

Oak will branch 1.6 in January, and it would be good to stay consistent
with previous years and have a stable branch that can be used with it.

This means we'll need a 2.14 branch and a 2.14.0 release at the *start*
of January.

We're currently voting on 2.13.6, which is supposed to be released this
weekend.

2.13.6 contains the first part of the WebDAV/HTTP related changes - it
adds a new httpclient4 based API in jackrabbit-webdav (deprecating the
old one, but keeping it), see
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4065>. It's supposed to go
into Oak 1.5.16.

I'm planning to cut 2.13.7 on Monday because *that* version will contain
the second half of these changes, switching jackrabbit-spi2dav's
remoting code to use the new client, see
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4066>. This release would go
into Oak 1.5.17.

Once we have branched for 2.14, we'll remove the httpclient3 based code
from trunk. This means it'll continue to be available in stable releases
(2.14.x), but will be gone in 2.15.0 (once we release that).

Feedback appreciated,

Best regards, Julian

Re: release plan for 2.13.7, branching for 2.14, webdav/httpclient changes (JCR-2406)

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2016-12-29 14:45, Julian Reschke wrote:
> I'm now finished with the changes I want to see in 2.14.
>
> Unless there are strong objections, I'll branch 2.14 tomorrow. Note that
> work on 2.14 can continue (with API changes being the only exception).

Done.

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2016-12-15 16:17, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Oak will branch 1.6 in January, and it would be good to stay consistent
> with previous years and have a stable branch that can be used with it.
>
> This means we'll need a 2.14 branch and a 2.14.0 release at the *start*
> of January.
>
> We're currently voting on 2.13.6, which is supposed to be released this
> weekend.
>
> 2.13.6 contains the first part of the WebDAV/HTTP related changes - it
> adds a new httpclient4 based API in jackrabbit-webdav (deprecating the
> old one, but keeping it), see
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4065>. It's supposed to go
> into Oak 1.5.16.

Released on Dec 17...

> I'm planning to cut 2.13.7 on Monday because *that* version will contain
> the second half of these changes, switching jackrabbit-spi2dav's
> remoting code to use the new client, see
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4066>. This release would go
> into Oak 1.5.17.

Released just now...