Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jim Urban <ji...@netsteps.net> on 2001/06/28 20:39:09 UTC

Problem Running Cacoon With Tomcat

I have installed Cacoon 1 on my Win NT workstation.  I am running it with
Tomcat 3.2.1.  I am running Tomcat standalone (set to port 80) since I don't
have the resources to run Apache, besides, this is only for the purpose of
evaluating Cocoon to see if it will work with what we are doing.

When I first tried viewing an XML document I got the "NoSuchMethodError" so
I changed the classpath in tomcat.bat to order the .jar files from Cacoon
before the Tomcat .jar files and the error went away.  I can request
"http://localhost/cocoon/samples" and I get the samples directory listing,
inlcuding the files "index.xml", "index.xsl" and "README".  I can view
"README" just fine when I click on it.  However, when I click on the file
"index.xml" I get a 404 error (File not found).  I have read, re-read and
double checked all the install instructions and everything is correct.
Since I am not using Apache, I skipped the part about modifing the
tomcat-apache.conf since I am not using Apache.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help,

Jim Urban
Product Manager
Netsteps Inc.
Suite 505E
1 Pierce Pl.
Itasca, IL  60143
Voice:  (630) 250-3045 x2164
Fax:  (630) 250-3046

Problem Running Cocoon With Tomcat

Posted by Jim Urban <ji...@netsteps.net>.
I found my problem.  Seems the tomcat.bat file was choosing to build my
classpath dynamically instead of using the static one I set up.  Ugly, but
I'm cocooning now.

Jim Urban
Product Manager
Netsteps Inc.