Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/26 18:17:35 UTC

Studio M2 v2.0.0.v20130628 and GSSAPI (kerberos)

Hi All,

When trying to setup a new connection with the GSSAPI authentication method
I cannot change the set/change the authentication parameters. Nor can I
change the Kerberos Credential Configuration and the details of the
Kerberos Configuration.

Am I missing a configuration setting in Studio that must be set?

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Studio M2 v2.0.0.v20130628 and GSSAPI (kerberos)

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Stefan,

My platform is OSX 10.9.2 on a MacBook Pro (s/n  760460LDATM).

I must say that I installed the client over an old one that I used with
ApacheDS 1.5.5.

With not being able to change, I see the fields disabled (greyed out,
including the labels), but the labels of Kerberos Real, KDC Host and KDC
Port aren't.

I will check the stack trace, and inform you shortly.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Strange, if I select GSSAPI I can change the "Kerberos Credential
Configuration" and "Kerberos Configuration" parameters. I use 64-bit
version of Studio under Linux with OpenJDK 7.

Can you describe your platform?

What do you mean with "cannot change"? Do you see any input fields /
radio buttons? Are they disabled?

Do you get any error? Can you please also check the log file in
~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio/.metadata/.log for any stacktrace?

Thanks,
Stefan