Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com> on 2002/07/23 15:25:24 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Xerces-C++ 2.0 is now ready

Hi Everyone,

This is to announce the release Xerces C++ 2.0.0.   Besides full schema
support, we have introduced "Apache Recommended DOM C++ Binding" and
experimental DOM Level 3 support in this release.

Highlights of this version:

    - 64 bit binaries distribution
    - Apache Recommended DOM C++ Binding
    - Experimental DOM Level 3 subset support, including DOMWriter and
DOMBuilder
    - Grammar preparsing and Grammar caching
    - Follow Unix Shared Library Naming Convention
    - Optionally ignore loading of external DTD
    - Project files for Microsoft Visual C++ .Net
    - Codewarrior 8 support
    - Option to enable/disable strict IANA encoding name checking
    - plus many more bug fixes and performance enhancement

This is a source and binary (32 bit: AIX, HP11, Linux, Solaris, Windows; 64
bit: AIX, HP11, Solaris) release.
You may download it from http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/stable/

See http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html for details.

Regards,

Tinny Ng
XML Parsers Development
IBM Toronto Laboratory, email: tng-xml@ca.ibm.com

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Xerces-C++ 2.0 is now ready

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
FYI.   The W3C DOM web site now has a pointer to Xerces-C++ DOM C++ Binding.
See http://www.w3.org/DOM/ or http://www.w3.org/DOM/Bindings

Tinny