Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Andrei Ivanov <my...@surfeu.fi> on 2002/07/10 12:32:42 UTC

PhoenixXDoclet manifest creation problem

Anyone knowing how to tell PhoenixXDoclet to include to manifest information
only about certain blocks?

Andrei

Re: Phoenix: deleting work dir failed

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
ah....windoze...can't really help you there as I don't have a machine
with it around anymore. Does the file

C:\Work\Tests\servertest\server\work\server-1026477271124\SAR-INF\lib\tt-bytecode.jar

actually exist? What are its permissions? I can't really figure out
what's going on here...

- Leo

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrei Ivanov <my...@surfeu.fi>.
Hi,

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

Re: Re: Re: PhoenixXDoclet manifest creation problem

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
At 03:50 PM 7/10/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I checked this and it works as it should so that there is only "Name:
>org/apache/avalon/cornerstone/blocks/packet/DefaultPacketManager.class" in
>manifest. But this wasn't a problem. When you have something like

Okay. I see that problem too. It looks like it is a bug in xdoclet engine.
Hopefully the xdoclet team is releasing a n ew version soon which we can
upgrade to.

Re: Re: Re: PhoenixXDoclet manifest creation problem

Posted by Andrei Ivanov <my...@surfeu.fi>.
Hi,
I checked this and it works as it should so that there is only "Name:
org/apache/avalon/cornerstone/blocks/packet/DefaultPacketManager.class" in
manifest. But this wasn't a problem. When you have something like

  <target name="xdoclet" description="Generates the XML descriptors">
      <!-- The classpath for the task should contain the jars that contain
the task -->
      <taskdef name="phoenix-blocks"

classname="org.apache.avalon.phoenix.tools.xdoclet.PhoenixXDoclet"
               classpathref="project.class.path"/>

      <!-- The classpathref for this task should be the classpath that has
the compiled
       copy of your sourcecode. -->
      <phoenix-blocks
          destdir="${gen.dir}"
          classpathref="project.class.path">
        <fileset dir="${java.dir}">
          <!--include name="**/*.java" /-->
          <include name="**/packet/*.java" />
        </fileset>
        <blockinfo/>
        <manifest manifestFile="manifest.mf" />
      </phoenix-blocks>

      <phoenix-blocks
          destdir="${gen.dir}"
          classpathref="project.class.path">
        <fileset dir="${java.dir}">
          <include name="**/*.java" />
          <exclude name="**/packet/*.java" />
        </fileset>
        <blockinfo/>
        <manifest manifestFile="manifest-one.mf" />
      </phoenix-blocks>

  </target>

then manifest-one.mf will contain also info about "**/packet/*.java" While
it shouldn't.

Andrei

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
At 11:53 AM 7/11/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>I replaced DefaultThreadPool with ResourceLimitingThreadPool for my phoenix
>server "connection handler". In the connection handler I have to run another
>thread. The problem is that with ResourceLimitingThreadPool this thread can
>*not* always be started. When I am switching back to DefaultPool -
>everything is ok. Anyone knowing what may be the problem?

You will need to be more specific with your explanation and include things
like stacktrace and/or code ;)

ResourceLimitingThreadPool problem

Re: diffs for org/apache/avalon/cornerstone/blocks/connection/Connection.java

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
At 03:35 PM 7/10/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>Diffs about: creating of connection handler has to be moved to be inside
>internal
>ConnectionRunner class. Why? If using resource limiting pool and number of
>threads is exceeded it shouldn't create handler at all. Now it creates but
>doesn't call handle connection which doesn't make any sense from my point of

Applied - thanks!

diffs for org/apache/avalon/cornerstone/blocks/connection/Connection.java

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
hi,

Posted by Andrei Ivanov <my...@surfeu.fi>.
Hi,
this is exactly what I am using so far. But still manifest will contain
information about all blocks inside ${gen.dir} while I need the only entry
about MySpecialBlock.java.
Andrei.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.