Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Luiz Rocha <ls...@linuxmail.org> on 2002/09/05 20:33:23 UTC

XML conversions

  Man, this is a mess! And they say Internet is an easy way to comunicate :)

  Rich, keep the howto/. I'll do the vhosts/, no problem. Actually, I find much easier to stick to a topic while translating.

  Joshua, you're actually right. The conversion is probably not that hard. If I catch the dynamic of it quickly, I might do all conversions I can, and put the translation aside for a while.

  Ok?

Luiz Rocha

Re: XML conversions

Posted by Luiz Rocha <lu...@lsdr.net>.
On Sunday September 8 2002 21:55, André Malo wrote:
> <example>
> <pre>
> <!-- content -->
> </pre>
> </example>

   OK, no problem.

>   we've to modify the XSLT to make the h4 work, but it's not a big
>   problem.

   I'll try what you suggested. I think it will work. Let me do it before
modifing the XSLT, ok? I'll post the file ASAP, and them you check it.

--
Luiz Rocha  <lu...@lsdr.net>

Re: XML conversions

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Luiz Rocha wrote:

>   I also have some questions. First, in some html, I find the tag
>   <pre>,
> should I leave those, or there is a substitution for those?

simply wrap it into an <example>, e.g.:

<example>
<pre>
<!-- content -->
</pre>
</example>

>   And second, in one of the documents I'm XML-izing, I found some <h4>
>   tags
> after some <h2>, making a kind of a "subsection", is there a tag for
> that, or should I leave it?

hmm, I grepped for h4. Particular documents are missing h2 headings. In
this case the levels should be pulled up, IMHO (h3->h2, h4->h3). The
other cases seem to be structured this way. I'd suggest to leave it.

However in the XML you should never write any <hx>, instead of:

<section id="blah"> <!-- id should be set -->
  <title>this becomes h2</title>

  [...content...]

  <section id="blubb"> <!-- id may be omitted -->
    <title>this becomes h3</title>
    [... content ...]

    <section id="foo"> <!-- id may be omitted -->
      <title>this becomes h4</title>

      we've to modify the XSLT to make the h4 work, but it's not a big
      problem.
      [...]

    </section>
  </section>
</section>

I'm +1 for modifying the XSLT (+ CSS) to create h4 headings.

nd
--
die (eval q-qq:Just Another Perl Hacker
:-)

# André Malo, <http://www.perlig.de/> #

Re: XML conversions

Posted by Luiz Rocha <lu...@lsdr.net>.
On Sunday September 8 2002 20:46, André Malo wrote:

> a few hints:

  Thanks! Any other hints?

Re: XML conversions

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Luiz Rocha wrote:

>   I'm XML-ing the other files too, so please, could some check this
>   one here for me?

a few hints:

  <li><a
  href="../mod/core.html#virtualhost">&lt;VirtualHost&gt;</a></li>
  <li><a
  href="../mod/core.html#namevirtualhost">NameVirtualHost</a></li> [...]

should be:

  [...]

----

I personally would move that to the page header (after summary):

[...]
    details of virtual host support in Apache version 1.3 and
    later.</p>

</summary>

<seealso>
    <module>mod_vhost_alias</module>
</seealso>

----

examples should be marked as such ;-)

<example>
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS
</example>

nd
--
Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else
use it, and get a new one every six months.  -- Clifford Stoll

                                    (found in ssl_engine_pphrase.c)

Re: XML conversions

Posted by Luiz Rocha <lu...@lsdr.net>.
Ok guys,

  Attached to this email is the /vhosts/index.xml. I just XML-ized this file
from index.html.en on /vhosts/ directory of the manual.

  I'm XML-ing the other files too, so please, could some check this one here
for me?

  The other files will follow this one pronto, if everything is ok.

Thanks people.
--
Luiz Rocha  <lu...@lsdr.net>

Re: XML conversions

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Luiz Rocha wrote:

>   Man, this is a mess! And they say Internet is an easy way to comunicate :)

No, that's IRC! ;-)

>   Rich, keep the howto/. I'll do the vhosts/, no problem. Actually, I find much easier to stick to a topic while translating.

OK. I'll probably get to that this weekend some time.

>   Joshua, you're actually right. The conversion is probably not that hard. If I catch the dynamic of it quickly, I might do all conversions I can, and put the translation aside for a while.
>
>   Ok?

++1

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.