Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sid123 <it...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/06 13:49:23 UTC

Polymorphic behavior of Maps in One Job?

If I have 2 I/P format classes set up...Both giving different name and value
pairs....  Then Is it possibe to configure multiple map and reduce classes
in One job based on different key value pairs? If i overload the map()
method does the framework call them polymorphically based on the varying
parameters(the key and the value)? or do we need seperate classes?
For adding multiple  mappers and I am thinking of using:
MultipleInputs.addInputPath(JobConf conf, Path path, Class<? extends
InputFormat> inputFormatClass, Class<? extends Mapper> mapperClass)
to add the mappers and my I/P format.
And use MultipleOutputs class to configure the O/P from the mappers.
IF this is right where do i add the multiple implementations for the
reducers in the JobConf??