Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by javacaoyu <ja...@163.com> on 2016/07/29 04:13:24 UTC

Eagle create topology with UI is not work

Hi dev:
I follow the doc to configuration new topology for process hbase audit log.
The First , I follow doc fromhttp://eagle.apache.org/docs/hbase-data-activity-monitoring.html to enable hbase audit log to kafka and it work success. i can see the audit log from kafka topic.
And the second,I follow doc fromhttp://eagle.apache.org/docs/tutorial/topologymanagement.html to create a topology for monitor hbase audit log. Any step im all follow the doc , when i configuration done ,i click the start topology botton in UI with topology page , it’s not work.haven’t any feedback from UI.It’s look like i don’t do anything.And can’t found any topology summary in storm UI.
And then i reflush the page it have no changed. The topolocy status is `NEW` , click topology name the infomation is:

Topology Detail
Detail
Sitetest
ApplicationhbaseSecurityLog
Topologyhbase-test
Full Name-
StatusNEW
Mode-
Environment-
Url-
Description-
Last Modified Date2016-07-29 03:40:45[UTC]
Latest Operations
Date TimeOperationStatusMessage
2016-07-29 03:43:41[UTC]STARTINITIALIZED

in version 0.3.0 i follow doc to use shell script to start topology .For example: bin/eagle-topology.sh —main xxx —config xxx.conf start
to monitor hdfs audit log is work success.
in this version 0.4.0. i follow doc to use web UI to start topology is not work.

so i use shell script to start topology with version 0.4.0, the topology start is ok,but in storm UI to check topology status , then found some error.

And in doc the topology configuration is change. in 0.3.0 the doc say topology configuration of class:eagleProps have property `application`,but now in 0.4.0
i can't found this property in doc. but i use shell to start topology , in storm UI topology status is: can’t found property application.

2.version changed,but the doc have some place is guide with old version 0.3.0.

And some error with doc :
1. from doc:http://eagle.apache.org/docs/tutorial/setup.html
{"fs.defaultFS":"hdfs://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8020”} should be change to{"classification.fs.defaultFS=hdfs://xxx.xxx.com:8020”}

2. If use mysql with eagle storage, please don’t use encode `UTF8` to create database. cause if use utf8,will follow this error to create table:
Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to    change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs。
i hope mark this to remind other.

thanks all eagle dev. i very like eagle. and eagle is very good for my business. i hope eagle incubator success and in the world lot of people like it.

English is not good , you can understand is good.

如果您能够以中文交流还望回复中文邮件,多谢。

曹宇
+8618500232079
javacaoyu@163.com

Re: Eagle create topology with UI is not work

Posted by Michael Wu <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yu Cao,

We could have replied your email in Chinese if this email were not to be
queried by someone else in the future, but unfortunately, that's not the
truth. In communities, English is the most widely recognizable language, so
how about we continue communicating in English? Sorry for the inevitable.

For the mysql row-size issue, I'd state that, before 0.4.0-incubating
release, we've made fully testings on creating tables with the sample
configuration and didn't find the UTF-8 impact on tables. Could you provide
more about the environment with which you operated, such as system type,
jdk type+version, mysql version, failing table name, etc? Those would help
us re-produce the problem. Thanks.

Michael

Posted by "Zhao, Qingwen" <qi...@ebay.com>.