Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <ma...@vertigs.lv> on 2014/09/04 16:32:14 UTC

Live migration

Hello all,

In ACS 4.3 with advanced zone, live migration works? I tested guest
network with VLAN and GRE, but in both cases pool based live migration
fails.

Is it possible to setup something like basic zone setup, but with two
networks? I want instances with two interfaces, one with public nic,
other with internal nic. I tryed to create advanced zone with security
groups, but it fails.

Thanks.

Re: Live migration

Posted by Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <ma...@vertigs.lv>.
Hello,

Looks like migration fails in this scenario:

1.) New internal network, I will call it - NET1
2.) When perform migration to host without running instance with NET1,
live migration fails.

Also, when cloudstack create instance in other host (to which live
migration fails), after that I can live migrate successfully, without
problems.

And again, if I live migrate all instances to one host, I can't migrate
back if there in no running instance with NET1 network.

Sometimes again, VM's fail to launch, problem same, as described here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.cloudstack.devel/41290

Migration error: http://pastebin.com/zhiqdy64
Grep job id from management log: http://pastebin.com/087Q3SRx

Shared networks in Advanced zone looks like not working as I expected,
because in network creation I should put VLAN ID.

Re: Live migration

Posted by Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <ma...@vertigs.lv>.
Hello  Geoff,

RE: Live migration