Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za> on 2011/07/17 14:08:16 UTC

Maven3 and docbkx-maven-plugin question: html generated in the wrong directory

To those who may know, a quick question:

I am playing with Maven3 (with 4 threads it generates the site
documentation in about 1/4 of the time as maven 2), but have
uncovered a small quirk:

With Maven 2 (docbkx-maven-plugin ver 2.0.8), the output of the html
file is placed in, for example:
.../scimpi/docbkx/html/guide/isis-scimpi-viewer.html

Now, with Maven 3 (and docbkx-maven-plugin ver 2.0.13), the output
of the html is in:
.../scimpi/docbkx/html/guide/isis-scimpi-viewer/isis-scimpi-viewer.html

i.e. in a sub-directory with the same name as the output file. Obviously,
this messes up existing URLs, and, more annoying, the image
directory is in .../guide/images/... and hence the images don't load.

The PDF documentation is fine.

Can anyone tell me where the setting is that determines where the
output file is placed?  I can't find documentation on the html generation
settings.

Regards,
Kevin

Re: Maven3 and docbkx-maven-plugin question: html generated in the wrong directory

Posted by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Hi Benson,

On 17 Jul 2011 at 8:36, Benson Margulies wrote:

> that plugin lives at a combination of google code and sourceforge;
> it's not easy to dig up the doc:
>
> http://docbkx-tools.sourceforge.net/docbkx-maven-plugin/source-repository.html

Thanks, I found this page, but it doesn't seem to say anything useful to
me. I guess I'm looking for the 2.0.13 equivalent of:
http://docbkx-tools.sourceforge.net/docbkx-maven-plugin/generate-html-mojo.html

Or something..

> Do you have the standard cliche to use 3.0-beta-x for the site plugin
> with maven 3?

Indeed, it seems to still whine about not thread safe, but it does run
with 3.0-beta-3.

Hmm. It seems that if I use
docbkx-maven-plugin 2.0.8
and
maven-site-plugin 3.0-beta-3
then the output is generated where it is expected.

So! Don't use docbkx-maven-plugin 2.0.13 until we can fix the output
file location!

Regards,
Kevin

--
Kevin Meyer, PhD, Pr.Sci.Nat
KMZ		P.O. Box 9822, Sharon Park, South Africa.

Re: Maven3 and docbkx-maven-plugin question: html generated in the wrong directory

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.