Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Stefano Galarraga <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/29 11:48:57 UTC

Foreseen release date for 0.5.0 and support SPNEGO

Hello,

I’m planning to use Knox to support Kerberos authentication in my Hadoop cluster and I saw that the support for SPNEGO will be available from version 0.5.0.
Is there any foreseen date for the release date of 0.5.0?

Thanks

- Stefano

Re: Foreseen release date for 0.5.0 and support SPNEGO

Posted by larry mccay <la...@gmail.com>.
I see.

If you plan to use Knox to proxy your service invocations then you need to
be aware of a couple things:

1. you will need a Knox service for your services in order to route
requests to them
2. if you wanted to eliminate the need for kerberos on your endpoints and
just use the SPNEGO support in Knox then:
    a. you don't want your services to be open to identity spoofing from
inside the cluster. A mapreduce job running inside the cluster can take
advantage of the fact that your endpoints are not secured with kerberos and
pretend to be anyone that they want.
    b. when knox protected cluster is secured - all of the services that
knox dispatches to are expected to be kerberized. This could be addressed
with custom dispatcher for your services but that will require dispatch
development and not address a. above.

Posted by Stefano Galarraga <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Iarry,

Posted by larry mccay <la...@gmail.com>.