Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/08 20:42:34 UTC

Interested in CMS.

Hi infra!

On the DeltaSpike team, we're contemplating a donation of some
documentation from RedHat.  Part of this seems to include leveraging
asciidoc as the format and storing the documentation with our standard
source, instead of in a separate SVN repo (we're using git).

It seems like this approach should be somewhat supported based on what you
support now:

- use the build_external.pl script to build DeltaSpike, perhaps by doing a
git clone first of our repo?
- Use a maven command to run asciidoctor-maven-plugin ( see [1] ) to
generate the site.
- Then use the generated HTML as the site.

It seems like some of the missing parts are:

1. Create a "GitUtil" perl module akin to what SVNUtil is doing to be able
to checkout from git (and probably clone build_svn.pl to build_git.pl).
 It's not clear to me right now what buildbot invokes
2. Enable an invocation of maven that builds documentation (e.g. mvn -f
documentation/pom.xml) and set that up as what buildbot generates from.
3. After the site is generated, copy it to the proper destination
(staging/deltaspike in this case).

Once those are done, it seems like the steps remaining would be the same -
just check in to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/staging/deltaspike/trunk/ on a
staging commit, followed by the production site when someone promotes.  I'm
assuming that the generation of the staging site is based on buildbot.

Once all of these changes are done, it seems like the last step would be to
update buildbot to follow a new suite of commands.  You can see output at
[2] (for those curious).  If this is all that's needed, I don't mind
working on a POC around this.  Once it's working I can donate it back.

- John

[1]: https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor-maven-plugin
[2]:
http://ci.apache.org/builders/deltaspike-site-staging/builds/114/steps/compile/logs/stdio

Re: Interested in CMS.

Posted by Rafael Benevides <be...@redhat.com>.
I also would like to contribute on this.

John,

What can I do to help you ?

Re: Interested in CMS.

Posted by Rafael Benevides <be...@redhat.com>.