Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Stephan Nagy <sn...@connectria.com> on 2000/10/16 18:36:43 UTC

Using XMI.

This may be a newbie question, so bare with me.  I'm trying to get xmi
working and it appears that the xmisoap.jar needs ibm's xml4j 2.x but i
can't find an old distribution anywhere.  Am i nuts?  If not anyone know
where I can get an old release of xml4j?

-stephan

Re: Using XMI.

Posted by James McCauley <ja...@ebookers.com>.
Stephan Nagy wrote:

> This may be a newbie question, so bare with me.  I'm trying to get xmi
> working and it appears that the xmisoap.jar needs ibm's xml4j 2.x but i
> can't find an old distribution anywhere.  Am i nuts?  If not anyone know
> where I can get an old release of xml4j?
>
> -stephan

Ahhhh, I had this very same ( and undocumented problem ). Let us know if it
works though,coz mine just hangs....

( attached xml4j 2_0_15 )

Re: Using XMI.

Posted by Stephan Nagy <sn...@connectria.com>.
James McCauley wrote:

> Stephan Nagy wrote:
>
> > This may be a newbie question, so bare with me.  I'm trying to get xmi
> > working and it appears that the xmisoap.jar needs ibm's xml4j 2.x but i
> > can't find an old distribution anywhere.  Am i nuts?  If not anyone know
> > where I can get an old release of xml4j?
> >
> > -stephan
>
> OK, I had exactly the same (undocumented )problem. I found a copy of
> version xml4j 2_0_15 here:
> http://falconet.inria.fr/~java/archives/
>
> but..even then although there were no errors it still hanged. I'd be very
> interested to know if you have any luck with this XMI stuff as the claim to
> be able to serialize / deserialize any objects seems too good to be true...

Well I've got it kind of working.  It seems to do simple objects fairly well.
 When trying to do more complex objects I get the hanging indefinetly
behavior.  I'm going to try and invest some time in it to figure out what is
causing the hang.  If i figure anything out i'll keep you guys updated.

-stephan

Re: Using XMI.

Posted by Stephan Nagy <sn...@connectria.com>.

Re: Using XMI.