Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jojo <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/18 15:20:37 UTC

Web App deployment in the M2 branch

Hi,

I pulled yesterday night's version of the branch and was trying to deploy an
axis based service built using the war plugin. I was facing some classpath
errors, so tried to build and deploy the helloworldWS sample. I have
problems there as well. This is the stack trace I am getting :

SEVERE: org.osoa.sca.annotations.Property.override()Ljava/lang/String;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.osoa.sca.annotations.Property.override
()Ljava/lang/String;
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.processor.ImplementationProcessorServiceImpl.processProperty
(ImplementationProcessorServiceImpl.java:259)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.processor.ImplementationProcessorServiceImpl.processParam
(ImplementationProcessorServiceImpl.java:118)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.processor.HeuristicPojoProcessor.evaluateConstructor
(HeuristicPojoProcessor.java:245)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.processor.HeuristicPojoProcessor.visitEnd
(HeuristicPojoProcessor.java:114)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.IntrospectionRegistryImpl.introspect(
IntrospectionRegistryImpl.java:107)

Some further debugging showed that I have two different versions of the
sca-api jar file, one inside the WEB-INF/lib folder and another inside
WEB-INF/tuscany/boot folder. The first one is an old snapshot version (
sca-api-r0.95-1.0-incubator-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar), where as the second one is
what I have built (sca-api-r0.95-1.0-incubator-M2.jar). The one that got
loaded was the first one from WEB-INF/lib folder. So deleting that solved
the issue.

Is this happening because of something wrong in the POM file ? Or is it a
bug in the plugin code ?

Another thing I noticed was In the tuscany war plugin, the boot library
versions are hard-coded as :

(line no 116 - 119 in org.apache.tuscany.plugin.war.Dependency)

        // TODO Decide on whether to get snapshot version rather than
hardcoded version
        private WebappHostDependency() {
            super("org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime", "webapp-host", "
1.0-incubator-M2-SNAPSHOT");
        }

Is this a right approach ?

--
Warm regards,
jojo.

Re: Web App deployment in the M2 branch

Posted by Jojo <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

I have attached a patch to the Jira. The URL is:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12350253

Please take a look and let me know what you think. I have kept the changes
minimal.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jojo <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,